In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Chocolate Whoopie Pies for Valentine's Day. These Whoopie Pies have a fluffy red marshmallow filling sandwiched between two cake-like chocolate "pies". These would be great to make for your sweetheart!
|Butter stick||1 , softened (1/2 cup)|
|Dark brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , firmly packed|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Marshmallow creme||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||10 Tablespoon , softened|
|Confectioners sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red food color||4 Drop (more or less as needed)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Line baking pans with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar for 3 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
4. Add egg, vanilla and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk to the beaten butter sugar mixture. Beat until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture and remaining milk and beat for about 1 minute or until smooth and glossy.
7. Drop by generous tablespoonfuls of batter on prepared baking pans, spacing about 2 inches apart. With floured fingers, slightly flatten the top to avoid rounded tops.
8. Pop the pans in oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until pies spring back when touched gently.
9. Remove from oven and let pies cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans and place on cooling racks and cool completely.
10. In a large bowl, beat marshmallow crème and butter for about 3 minutes or until fluffy on medium speed of an electric mixer.
11. Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat on low speed for about 2 minutes.
12. Add desired amount of red food color and beat well.
13. Spread filling on one pie and place the flat surface of another pie over the exposed red filling. Repeat to make more. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
14. Dust with sugar and serve at room temperature.
Calories 385Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 426 mg17.75%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3850Calories from Fat 2110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 240 g369%
Saturated Fat 120 g600%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4260 mg177.5%
Total Carbohydrates 420 g140%
Dietary Fiber 30 g120%
Sugars 220 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet