Nothing like an ice cold beer first thing in the morning. In your waffle batter, that is. Sean and Adam take your basic waffle mix and make it actually good. And the Duded-Up Syrup with bananas is to die for. Just you wait and see.
|Waffle mix||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) (generic store bought)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (light, not ‘lite’)|
|Vegtable oil||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Banana||2 , sliced, divided|
|Unsalted butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond||To Taste (for garnish)|
|Powdered sugar||To Taste (for garnish)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 to keep waffles warm as they come off the waffle iron. Pre-heat your waffle iron.
2. If you don’t have a waffle iron, then you can’t make this recipe. Sorry, Bro.
3. In a large bowl add the waffle mix, vegetable oil, beer and orange zest. Whisk until just combined, but don’t over do it or your waffles will be dense, rubbery and hard as a rock in no time. And that’s not good Dude Food, Dude. Let it sit for 3-4 minutes.
4. Once your waffle iron is ready to go, add about a half soup laddle’s worth of waffle batter to each side of your iron (if you have a Belgian Waffle iron, in the center if you have a traditional one) and cook until the steam escaping stops. Probably about 8 minutes or so depending on your waffle iron. As each batch of waffles comes out, place them on a baking sheet or oven-safe dish in the oven to keep warm.
Dude Food Cooking Tip: Put a pan of hot water on the rack below your waffles to keep them from getting too crunchy in the oven.
5. While your waffles are-a-cookin’, add butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add in one of the sliced bananas and a dash of salt. Cook until they get a little color and begin to soften. Next, add in your syrup. Bring to a gentle simmer, but not too hot. Stir pretty frequently until the bananas to fall apart, which will thicken the syrup. Cover and remove from the heat until ready to serve.
6. To serve, re-heat the Duded-Up Syrup if need be, then drizzle over two waffles. Top with fresh banana slices, toasted almonds, a bit more syrup and finish off with a light dusting of powdered (aka confectioner’s sugar) sugar.
What the heck, it’s the weekend, crack open a beer. It’s not like you’re gonna mow the lawn or do yard work.
Calories 707Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 615 mg25.63%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 76 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4242Calories from Fat 1176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g202.8%
Saturated Fat 36 g180%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3690 mg153.78%
Total Carbohydrates 732 g244.2%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 456 g
Protein 42 g84%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet