Feeling Freaky? Halloween is always a great excuse to put a spooky costume not only on yourself but also your food. Here's a disguistingly tasty way to disguise your mouthwatering brownies into a cat's litterbox. Prepare to watch your friends squirm!
|Sponge cake||150 Gram|
|Fresh cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rice krispies cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate||250 Gram (Whittakers Dark Ghana)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Boil a small amount of water in a saucepan and cover it with a heatproof bowl, but don’t let the bowl touch the water.
2. When the water starts to simmer, break the Whittakers Dark Ghana chocolate into chunks and add with butter to the bowl. Use a wooden spatula and gently fold until molten into a liquid.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk sugar and eggs.
4. Add the chocolate butter mixture to the sugar and egg mixture. Then add flour and fold in.
5. Pour the combined mixture into a baking tin (lined with parchment/baking paper) and bake at 170 degrees celcius (around 340 farenheit) for 25-35 minutes, depending on how moist you like your brownies.
6. While brownies are in the oven, lay the sponge cake in an even layer in the litterbox.
7. Pour the fresh cream on top of the sponge cake to moisten it but don’t drown the cake.
8. In a separate bowl, add a squeeze of honey to Ricies or your chosen cereal. Squish with your hands and then spread over the litterbox to look like cat litter. Sprinkle more cereal on top as required.
9. When the brownies are done, carefully take the baking paper out of the tin and lay on a flat surface. Use a knife to quickly mark the size of the brownies you want.
10. When the brownies are cooled down enough to be able to touch, mould each piece into the shape of a cat poo and place on top of the Ricies cereal bed. Place the litterbox spade on top.
11. Serve and be awesomely disgusted !
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5875Calories from Fat 2070
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 229 g352.3%
Saturated Fat 144 g720%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1596 mg66.5%
Total Carbohydrates 901 g300.3%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80%
Sugars 567 g
Protein 59 g118%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet