|For the veggies|
|Garlic head||1 Small , top sliced off|
|Summer squash||3 Cup (48 tbs) , cut into large chunks|
|Tomato||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , cut into large chunks|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs) , cut into large chunks|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for drizzling on garlic and Veggies)|
|Salt||To Taste (for veggies)|
|For the pasta|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pasta water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (pepper jack and parmesan)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
2. Drizzle garlic with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place on a baking sheet a roast for 15 minutes.
3. Toss veggies with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add to garlic baking sheet and continue to bake for about 25-30 minutes more.
4. Cook pasta, reserving 1/2 C starchy water for sauce before draining.
5. Heat a medium pot. Add 2 T olive oil. When hot, whisk in flour. Cook for 30-60 seconds.
6. Slowly add milk, a little at a time, whisking and letting it thicken between additions. Heat until steam rises, but do not boil (sauce may break). Add pasta water.
7. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese, a bit at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Mash 6 cloves of roasted garlic and whisk into sauce. Stir in butter. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
9. Combine pasta with veggies and sauce before serving.