Everyone has a favorite chill recipe - or if you are like us - several... We pull this one out in fall as the days get shorter and the weather starts to cool. Goes great with our biscuit recipes.
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon ((45 mL))|
|Garlic clove||6 Medium , mince|
|Yellow onion||2 Medium , diced|
|Coarse salt||2 Teaspoon ((25 mL))|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chipotle in adobo sauce||3 , mince|
|Chili powder||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) ((50 mL))|
|Ground cumin||3 Tablespoon ((45 mL))|
|Sweet paprika||2 Tablespoon ((30 mL))|
|Lean ground beef||2 Pound ((1Kg))|
|Canned beans||1620 Milliliter , drained, rinsed ((3 cans, use a mix of beans))|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||798 Milliliter|
|Canned diced tomato||798 Milliliter|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((as needed)) (Optional)|
1. In a Dutch oven or a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil over medium-high flame.
2. Add garlic and onion, season with salt and ground black pepper. Stir occasionally and cook until the onions are soft and just starting to brown.
3. Stir in chipotle, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Cook until the spices are fragrant.
4. Add the ground beef stirring and breaking it into small pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink.
5. Add the beans and the tomatoes with their juices and stir to combine. You may also add little beer at this point if desired. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
6. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper as desired.
7. Serve with biscuit and enjoy!