Bloody Mary is a traditional tomato and vodka based drink with lots of spices to give it that extra flare. A Bloody Derby has a Kentucky spin on it by adding in bourbon instead of vodka. Try this at your next Kentucky Derby party, or just to see flavor difference, it may even become a new favorite.
|Bourbon||1 1/2 Ounce|
|Bloody mary mix||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
1. In a bowl, combine salt, cayenne pepper, celery salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
2. Line the rim of a glass with lemon wedge and dip it in the salt mixture.
3. Fill a glass with ice, about ¾ of the way up and squeeze fresh lemon juice in it.
4. Add bourbon and bloody Mary mix.
5. Garnish and serve immediately.
You can reserve the remaining salt mixture in an air tight container for up to 6 months.
Garnish drink with celery, sweet peppers, shrimp, olives or pickles as desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 146Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat %
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 750 mg31.25%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet