Pumpkin cheesecake triffle is what your kids are always going to love.
|For rice pilaf|
|Acorn squash||2 (or any winter squash)|
|Rice blend||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (brown rice, wild rice, white rice, etc)|
|Dried cranberries||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Andouille sausage||1 Cup (16 tbs) , dice|
|Chopped green onion||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped apples||1 Cup (16 tbs) (any apple you like)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or omit and use 1 more cup of chicken broth)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery stalk||2 , chop|
|Seasoning blend||1 Teaspoon (of your choice)|
|For pumpkin cheesecake trifle|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Ground clove||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pumpkin||15 Ounce|
|Cookie||1 Pound , crushed (crispy gingersnap cookies)|
|Other ingredients for trifle|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy whipping cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toffee pieces||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Toasted pecans||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Honey||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
For Rice Pilaf in Winter Squash:
1. Cut squash in half. Scrape, and remove the seeds.
2. On a baking dish, place the squash cut side down, pour water and bake it in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
3. In rice cooker, add rice, sausage, celery, apple, green onion, cranberries, chicken broth, white wine, and seasoning blend. Mix well. Cook according to rice instruction.
4. Fill each squash half with rice mixture.
5. Serve pilaf with roasted turkey and enjoy.
For Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, cream cheese, ground clove, cinnamon, ginger, and sea salt. Blend until smooth.
2. Add pumpkin and blend well.
3. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
4. Add brown sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
5. In a glass bowl or martini glass, put some crushed cookie crumb and top it with pumpkin cream cheese mixture.
6. Spoon cream cheese heavy cream mixture on top of pumpkin mixture.
7. Add a second ginger snap cookie crumb layer.
8. Garnish with toffee pieces, honey and toasted pecans. Pop it in refrigerator for 2 hours.
9. Serve pumpkin cheesecake trifle chilled.
You can reserve and roast the pumpkin seeds, if desired and serve as a healthy snack.
If the squash is too round at the bottom, trim slightly to keep them from rolling.
Watch Jessica Bright Holiday Cooking with the Kids part 2 and 3 for complete recipe.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 8221Calories from Fat 2933
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 334 g513.8%
Saturated Fat 174 g870%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 6560 mg273.33%
Total Carbohydrates 1169 g389.7%
Dietary Fiber 66 g264%
Sugars 554 g
Protein 131 g262%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet