|For yellow pepper grits and fish|
|Yellow bell pepper||3 Large , roasted, peeled, and seeded|
|Posol/Hominy||32 Ounce , rinsed and drained (2 cans)|
|Olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium , finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , finely chopped|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|White cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , grated|
|Striped bass fillets/Haddock||4 Large , skin on|
|Fresh cilantro||1/4 Bunch (25 gm) , chopped|
|For roasted poblano vinaigrette|
|Poblano chili||2 , roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , chopped|
|Canola oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1) For roasted poblano vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, combine the poblanos, 2 tablespoons cold water, the vinegar, garlic, honey, canola oil, and salt and pepper and puree until smooth. This can be made up to 8 hours in advance and refrigerated.
2) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3) Brush the peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven on a baking sheet, and rotate until charred on all sides, 15-17 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the roasted peppers in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit for 15 minutes to allow the skin to loosen. Then peel, halve, and seed.
4) Place 2 of the yellow peppers in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the posole and pulse until coarsely ground, 4 to 5 pulses (do no blend until smooth, or the posole will get gummy). Finely dice the remaining pepper and set aside.
5) Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the posole-yellow pepper puree and the cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until thickened and the cream is absorbed; if the mixture appears too dry, add more heavy cream or water. Fold in the diced yellow pepper and Cheddar.
6) Heat a large nonstick sauté pan or grill pan over high heat until almost smoking. Brush the bass (or haddock) on both sides with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook, skin side down, for 2 to 3 minutes, till golden brown. Turn over and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, until just cooked through.
7) Place a heaping mound of yellow pepper grits on 4 dinner plates.
8) Place a fillet on top of each mound, and drizzle with the roasted poblano vinaigrette.
9) Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Calories 1209Calories from Fat 769
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.8%
Saturated Fat 25 g125%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 836 mg34.83%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 57 g114%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4836Calories from Fat 3076
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 348 g535.2%
Saturated Fat 100 g500%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3344 mg139.32%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.2%
Dietary Fiber 36 g144%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 228 g456%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet