|Please refer to video for ingredients|
1)Preheat to 400º and, if you have parchment paper on hand, line a large cookie sheet.
2) Place flour, oats, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and orange zest in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine ingredients.
3) Add the cubes of butter and mix into dry ingredients with hands until you get a course meal.
4) Create a well in the flour/butter mixture. Add the egg and beer. Stir to incorporate.
5) When the liquids are incorporated and you have a loose mixture, add dried cranberries, golden raisins, and walnuts. Then, with your hands, knead the mixture together in the bowl with about 10 passes (or about 15-20 seconds) until the mixture forms a ball.
6) With a spoon or ice-cream scoop, scoop out dough onto the cookie sheet. Dough should produce about 18-20 scones. Brush the tops with a little butter. Then, place in oven. Cook for about 15 minutes.
7) Serve the dish immediately.
8)If you want the more traditional scone texture of crunchier outside, then cook for 20 minutes total.