For a perfect side dish for all of those delicious summertime grilled and Bar B Que meals you must try this recipe for Baked Beans. They are so easy to make and everyone loves them.
|Onion||2 , cut into 1/4 inch dices|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , minced|
|Bacon||6 Ounce , cut into 1/4 inch dices|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned cannellini beans/Canned pinto beans||60 Ounce , drained, rinsed|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
2. In an oven proof pan, put bacon, saute until the bacon gets tender.
3. Add onion and garlic, on medium-high heat, saute for 7 minutes, until nicely wilted.
4. Add beer,continue to heat, scrape the bottom of the pan to accommodate more flavors.
5. Add rest of the ingredients, add beans at last, combine and allow it to simmer.
6. Bake at 400F for 45 minutes, uncovered.
7. Serve with barbecue chicken, hamburger, potato salad or any other dish of your choice.