Rich and creamy deviled eggs get a unique and unexpected twist with kimchi in and on top of these delicious gems. Kimchi lends this classic offering a savory edge that only it can. This is a great way to feature kimchi in a well loved package to those who may be unfamliar with it. Oh, and the bacon garnish doesn't hurt either.
|Eggs||3 (2 week old eggs are best)|
|Kimchi||1 Tablespoon (sauce)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Bacon||To Taste (to garnish)|
|Kimchi||To Taste (to garnish)|
1. In a pot, cover your eggs with at least an inch of water.
2. Add in 2 tsp of vinegar.
3. Bring water to a boil, turn off the heat and clamp on the lid for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the water and submerge the eggs into an ice bath for 10 minutes.
5. Halve each egg and collect the yolks in a bowl.
6. Add kimchi sauce, mayo, pepper and sugar to the yolks and cream together.
7. Either spoon the filling into each egg half or pipe in. I used a pastry bag and large open star tip.
8. Top each egg with chopped bacon and kimchi. Serve and enjoy!