In this video, I take a classic New Orleans Shrimp dish called "Barbecue Shrimp", and create a couple of fantastic pizzas with it that we all enjoyed tremendously!
|Onion powder||1/8 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1/16 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1/4 Tablespoon|
|Dried rosemary||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Beer||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Gulf shrimp||2 Pound|
|Pizza dough||1 Pound|
|Red onion slices||3|
|Brie cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1. Mix together oregano, onion powder, white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground thyme, cracked black pepper and dried rosemary together to prepare the seasoning.
2. Heat up the pizza stone in the grill. Heat up until the temperature goes upto 600 F.
3. Heat unsalted butter in a pot. Add the seasoning, stir and cook.
4. Throw in garlic and brown it in the butter.
5. Add beer and worcestershire mix. Bring it to boil.
6. Drop in shrimp and cook for a bit. Remove from the gravy.
7. Remove shrimp and add cornstarch slurry. Cook until the gravy thickens.
8. Take a pizza dough and spread it until thin.
9. Sprinkle semolina over a pizza pan.
10. Transfer the pizza base to the pan. Spread the thickened gravy over the base.
11. Arrange the shrimps over the pizza base followed by onions.
12. Sprinkle brie cheese over the pizza base.
13. When the stone is hot enough, transfer the pizza to the stone and grill for about 10 to 15 minutes.
14. Prepare another pizza with fresh mozarella cheese. Grill until done.
15. Slice and serve warm.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3350Calories from Fat 1556
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 178 g273.8%
Saturated Fat 101 g505%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 6456 mg269%
Total Carbohydrates 206 g68.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 228 g456%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet