Hi my version of Spicy Southern Fried Chicken along side some fluffy, and slightly crisp Belgian Waffles....'nough said.
|Whole chicken||1 , cut into pieces|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs) , shaken|
|Hot sauce||6 Ounce|
|Seasoning||4 Tablespoon (2 tablespoon for the chicken and 2 tablespoon for the flour)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Self rising flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Oil||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Clean the chicken with some kosher salt and vinegar.
2. Soak chicken winto buttermilk for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Transfer the chicken to a bowl. Add seasonings and hot sauce, mix and marinate the chicken for 6 hours to overnight.
4. Season the flour with seasoning and salt.
5. Dredge the chicken with the seasoned flour as seen in the video.
6. Place the chicken on a wire rack and leave for about 20 minutes.
7. Heat oil in a pot. Deep fry the chicken until nice and golden.
8. Sift cake flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
9. Whisk egg whites to a stiff peak and set aside.
10. Beat cubunella, vanilla extract and buttermilk with the egg yolk.
11. Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just until the batter comes together.
12. Fold in the whipped egg whites right into the batter.
13. Laddle batter into waffle maker and cook until done.
14. Serve the waffles with fried chicken and enjoy.