Learn how to make the famous Umami Burger at home!
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry soy sauce powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Parmigianino reggiano cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large , sliced|
|Beef patty||6 Ounce|
1. Prepare the grill as shown in the video.
2. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, sun dried tomato paste,dry soy sauce powder and worcestershire sauce. Mix well to combine.
3. On a cutting board, place the tomato slices and brush with the prepared mixture.
4. On a silpat, place a ring and put grated cheese in it, carefully lift the ring as shown in the video. Repeat the process one more time forming a cheese round on silpat.
5. Place the prepared tomato slices on the grill. Place the silpat with cheese on the grill. The tomatoes should be somewhat de hydrated and the cheese should be crisp. Remove and set aside.
6. In a skillet or pan, heat some butter and oil. Add in the onions and sprinkle with salt and star anise. Allow to carmelize.
7. Adjust the temperature of the grill to medium high. Drizzle the patty with umami sauce and umami dust, place it on the grill and allow to cook. Drizzle with umami sauce and umami dust on the other side of the patty as well, flip and cook until golden brown.
8. Lightly toast the hamburger buns.
9. Drizzle the bottom half of the bun with umami ketchup and place the patty over it. Place the carmelized onions on the patt, then place the cheese round over it. Now place some sauteed mushrooms (optional) and grilled tomato slices over it. Drizzle the other half of the bun with umami ketchup and cover the burger.
10. Serve accomapnied with a beverage of your choice.