In this video, I re-create the winning recipe from my 10,000 subscriber contest, and in addition, I also create a Cajun Blackened chicken recipe that I was inspired to do after chatting with a few YouTubers. Both recipes are excellent and come highly recommended to try for yourself!
|For cajun blackened chicken|
|Blackened seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (At room temperature)|
|Chopped onion||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Jumbo lump crab meat||1/2 Pound|
|Backfin crab meat||1/4 Pound|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Frog Bone)|
|For chesapeake chicken|
|Cajun sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Old bay seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jumbo lump crab meat||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Backfin crab meat||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter cracker crumbs||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For crawfish sauce|
|Craw fish||1 Pound|
|Heavy cream||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Mix together cream cheese, onion, lump crab meat, backfin crab meat, cajun seasoning and parsley together. Set the cajun filling aside.
2. Prepare the filling by mixing together egg, cajun sauce, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mayonnaise, dijon mustard old bay seasoning, lump crabmeat, backfin crab meat and butter cracker crumbs together to make filing for chesapeake chicken.
3. Preheat the grill dome to 275 F.
3. Heat butter in a pan. Saute crawfish in the butter. Add cream and brandy and mix that in.
4. Season with white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix it through. Cover the pan with aluminium foil and let the sauce simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
4. Add water and mix it well. Sprinkle all purpose flour and blend that in to thicken the sauce.
5. Stuff the chicken with chicken chesapeak filling. Season with old bay seasoning. Wrap the chicken in ham slices, place them on the tray and let it cook in the grill dome until the meat reaches the desired temperature.
6. Stuff the other 4 chicken with cajun stuffing and season the chicken with blackened seasoning.
7. Heat butter on mojoe griddle and place the cajun stuffed chicken on the griddle.
8. Cook until the chicken starts blackening on both sides. Transfer the chicken to the baking dish and let it smoke until it reaches the desired temperature.
9. Top the cajun chicken with the crafish sauce and serve the chesapeake chicken as it is. Enjoy!
Calories 774Calories from Fat 428
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.4%
Saturated Fat 24 g120%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2026 mg84.42%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 3 g
Protein 69 g138%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 6192Calories from Fat 3424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 392 g603.2%
Saturated Fat 192 g960%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 16208 mg675.36%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 552 g1104%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet