Here is an awesome burger to have any time of the day. If you enjoy biscuits and gravy this burger is for you.
|For sausage gravy|
|Country sausage||1 Pound|
|Yellow onion||1/2 , finely chopped|
|Flour||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For maple mayonnaise|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|For burger patties|
|Country sausage||2 Pound|
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound (95% Lean)|
|Bacon||1 Pound , weaved into 4 small ones|
|Buttermilk biscuit dough||1 Pound (8 portions)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese slice||4|
For Sausage Gravy
1. In a pot, heat sausages and try to mash it down with a masher. Drop in chopped onion and cook until the onions are translucent. Add flour and mix it well until everything comes together.
2. Drop in some milk and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper. Add butter to give some smoothness. Mix it well, let the butter melt and cook until everything is well incorporated.
3. Put the sauce in the refrigerator overnight.
For Maple Mayonnaise
4. Mix together mayonnaise, maple syrup and brown sugar together and refrigerate it until required.
For Burger Patties
5. Mix together sausage meat and 95% lean ground beef . Mix it well.
6. Make balls of the meat and keep them on the side.
7. Take a burger press, put a meat ball and use it to make a slot for filling. Spoon out the sausage gravy in the slot. Place another meat ball on top and press the burger press to seal everything.
8. Release the stuffed patty and keep it on the side. Repeat to make other patties.
9. Prepare the grill with the indirect and direct heat set up.
10. Place the bacon weave over indirect heat and grill them up. Put them aside, when done.
11. Put the burger patties on indirect heat and cook them low and slow. Also place hickory wood to make some smoke.
12. Pull the patties off heat after about half an hour. Place them aside and let them rest.
13. Put a pan on the grill and heat it up. Place the grill slots on the pan and crack open an egg each in one slot. Cover the grill and cook the eggs. Flip and cook the other side as well. Set them aside.
14. Flatten out biscuit dough balls. Drizzle olive oil and bake them on indirect heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. Set the biscuits aside.
15. Sear burger patties on direct heat for a couple of minutes. Move the patties to direct heat and place fried egg over them. Put bacon weave on top and layer with smoked sharp cheddar cheese slice. Close the lid and let it cook until the cheese melts.
16. Spread mayonnaise on the biscuits. Over 4 of the biscuits, place the patties, egg and bacon weave tower. Cover with the other 4 biscuits.
17. Slice and serve.
Calories 1275Calories from Fat 883
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g147.7%
Saturated Fat 28 g140%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1974 mg82.25%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 16 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 10200Calories from Fat 7064
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 768 g1181.6%
Saturated Fat 224 g1120%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 15792 mg658%
Total Carbohydrates 320 g106.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 128 g
Protein 400 g800%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet