|Dry yeast||1/4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon (105� To 115�F)|
|Warm milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (105� To 115�F)|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) , divided|
|Vegetable oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1/4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl add warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
2. Stir in next 5 ingredients and 1-cup flour.
3. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes until mixed.
4. Add remaining flour and mix.
5. Cover and keep in a warm place (85°). Let rise for 1 hour until doubled in bulk.
6. Punch the dough. Lightly flour a flat surface and knead the dough for several times.
7. Roll dough into 1/2-inch thickness. Flour a 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter and cut dough with it.
8. Lightly flour a flat surface and arrange doughnuts over it.
9. Cover and keep in a warm place (85°). Let rise for 30 minutes until doubled in bulk.
10. In a skillet heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 375°.
11. Drop 4 or 5 doughnuts at a time and fry.
12. Cook for 1 minute on each side until golden.
13. Drain on paper towels.
14. To prepare chocolate glaze, in a saucepan melt butter and chocolate.
15. Take off from heat.
16. Mix remaining ingredients and beat.
17. Stir occasionally.
18. Dip warm doughnuts in chocolate glaze.
19. Cool and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3015Calories from Fat 1354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g236.9%
Saturated Fat 48 g240%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1131 mg47.13%
Total Carbohydrates 372 g124%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 176 g
Protein 48 g96%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet