Who does not love Poha! An everyday food of Maharashtrians, Poha is loved all over the country and often enjoyed as a breakfast of snack. Here, the regular Poha recipe has been adapted for bread cubes. A traditional tempering and veggies like onions, tomatoes and capsicum transform the bread cubes into a sumptuous Veg Bread Poha, which is enhanced further by the addition of peppy garam masala. Indeed, this satiating snack is something that both kids and adults will love, and it is also convenient and easy to make, with simple everyday ingredients. So, when you come home hungry and find nothing but bread and veggies in your fridge, you know what to make!
|Bread slices||6 , cubed|
|Oil||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon (rai / sarson)|
|Curry leaves||4 (kadi patta)|
|Chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon (haldi)|
|Garam masala||1 Pinch|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (dhania, for garnish)|
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
3. Add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
6. Add the bread cubes, salt and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well.
8. Serve hot garnished with coriander.