Rebecca Brand shows How To Make French Toast loaded with custard for a delicious morning breakfast. French Toast with the egg custard soaked into fat pieces of bread make a hearty breakfast recipe.
|Bread slices||2 (1 inch thick)|
|Butter||5 , divided (3 tbsp are for making the french toast and 2 tbsp are for topping)|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|For egg dip / custard:|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs, salt, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
3. Soak the bread slices into the egg mix, let it sit until the bread soaks everything up.
4. Heat butter in a pan and toast the slices on medium high heat until done.
5. Transfer the toast to a baking tray and pop it into the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Place the french toast on serving dish. Drop an extra pat of butter on top, drizzle maple syrup and serve.