A dish of English origin, Mac and Cheese is one of the most popular dishes in the United Kingdom, United States and Canada! While the original version is made of cooked macaroni and a cheesy sauce, we have given it a masaledar twist to make it more exciting. Ingredients like onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic together with a dash of spice powders give the dish an Indian touch, widening the range of flavours and textures in it. The Masala Mac and Cheese is sure to be loved by kids and enjoyed by adults too. Make sure you serve it warm, preferably right out of the oven.
|Coriander cumin powder||1/2 Teaspoon (dhania|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon (haldi)|
|Cooked macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1 1/2 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (dhania)|
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
2. Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger, and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
4. Combine the white sauce and ½ cup of cheese in a small non-stick pan, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the masala mixture and the macaroni, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Pour into a baking dish, sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese and coriander and spread it evenly.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
8. Serve hot.