Enticingly crunchy deep-fried mushrooms sautéed with spicy green chillies, pungent onions, crispy capsicum and a medley of tongue-tickling sauces, the Mushroom Chilli is a vibrant Indo-Chinese starter that syncs awesomely with our culinary preferences. A multitude of textures and flavours in each mouthful tickle awake your senses and make you yearn for more! Relish this awesome starter with your favourite fried rice recipe! You can also try other Oriental recipes like Chinese Barbequed Tofu with Sesame Noodles or Chinese Fried Paneer in Hot and Sweet Sauce.
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs) , halves|
|Green chillies||3 , slitted|
|Oil||1 Liter , divided (3 tbsps are for saute the vegetables and rest is for deep frying the mushrooms)|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon (lehsun)|
|Onion cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Capsicum cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (colourful)|
|Chopped spring onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (whites and greens)|
|For soy sauce mixture:|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilli sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the batter:|
|Plain flour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (maida)|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch (kalimirch)|
|Soy sauce||1/2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and dip few pieces of mushrooms at a time in the prepared batter and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add the onion cubes and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the prepared soy sauce-cornflour mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till thick, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the deep fried mushrooms, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minute or till it coats well, while stirring continuously.
6. Switch off the flame, add the spring onions and mix well.
7. Serve immediately.