Using a mixture of different cereals adds interesting textures and the kids have fun picking out and naming the different pieces they find. I've made mine with almond butter in this video because that's what we always have on hand, but you can use any smooth nut or seed butter.
|Honey||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Smooth peanut butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (or any nut or seed butter)|
|Coconut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cereal||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs) (cereal of choice)|
|Old fashioned rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the first 3 ingredients in a pot over low heat and stir until throughly combined and warmed through, about 2 minutes.
3. Place the cereal and oats in a large bowl and stir to combine.
4. Pour the warm peanut butter mixture over the cereal and stir to coat the dry ingredients thoroughly.
5. Place the mixture into a parchment lined 9x9 inch baking pan gently pressing down into bars.
6. Freeze the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
7. Remove the bars from the pan, remove to a cutting board and using a serrated knife cut into bars.
8.oats can be toasted in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes if desired for a more “toasty” flavor.
9.Serve and enjoy!