Anybody game for a double-decker pizza? If you love such sandwiches, you will love this pizza even more. Two pizza bases, sandwiched with pizza sauce and cheese, are then coated with a crunchy and flavourful veggie topping, which features sun-dried tomatoes for tang and mixed herbs for flavour. Due to the additional layer of cheese, the Double Layered Cheese Veggie Crunch Pizza is a richer and more sumptuous treat than normal pizzas.
|For the crunchy veggie topping:|
|Capsicum slices||1 Cup (16 tbs) (red and yellow)|
|Cut baby corn||1 Cup (16 tbs) , blanched (diagonally cut)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Onion cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sun dried tomatoes||2 Tablespoon , soaked (chopped)|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1 1/2 Teaspoon (paprika)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato cubes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thin crust pizza base||8|
|Pizza sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
FOR THE CRUNCHY VEGGIE TOPPING:
1. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the capsicum, baby corn, sun-dried tomatoes, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
FOR THE PIZZA:
1.Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
2. Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface and spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce and sprinkle ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese evenly over it.
3. Place 1 more pizza base over it and spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce and 1 portion of the crunchy vegetable topping evenly over it.
4. Finally again sprinkle ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese evenly over it.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 1 more pizza.
6. Place both the pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes.
7. Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 2 more pizzas.
8. Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.