Oreo has a kind of charm that captivates young and old alike. Its tantalizing crunch and sweet chocolaty flavour with a hint of saltiness make it a great value-add for other desserts too. Here, we have used it to make enchanting Oreo Truffles that are made by encapsulating a luscious mix of crushed Oreo and cream cheese in a crisp white chocolate shell. You will love the mouth-feel as well as flavour of these delicious Oreo Truffles. A must-try, this dessert has the power to make a normal day special and a special day super special! Try other truffles like the Coffee Truffles and the Walnut Raisin Truffles .
|Crushed oreo cookies||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs) (((plus extra for sprinkling)))|
|Cream cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped white chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine the crushed Oreo biscuits and cream cheese in a deep bowl and mix well with the help of your hands.
2. Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball in between your palms.
3. Arrange the balls at equal distance on a big plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and mix well.
5. Dip each Oreo ball into the melted white chocolate till it is evenly coated from all the sides and place it back on the flat plate.
6. Sprinkle a little crushed Oreo biscuit mixture over the chocolate coated ball.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 17 more truffles.
8. Refrigerate them for 2 hours.
9. Serve or store refrigerated in an air-tight container.