Ragda Patties is an all-time favourite Mumbai roadside snack, comprising crisp and spicy potato patties drowned in a gravy with boiled white peas. Here, we have enhanced the recipe further, by stuffing the potato patties with a tangy, sweet and spicy filling. Laced with chutneys and garnished with sev, the Stuffed Ragda Patties is one delectable snack worth a lot of praise! Serve it at tea-time to watch excited smiles bloom on everybodys face. You can also try other chaat recipes like Aloo Chaat and Pakodi Chaat .
|For the ragda:|
|Dried white peas||2 Cup (32 tbs) , soaked (Vatana)|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon (Haldi)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida||1/4 Teaspoon (Hing)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (Dhania)|
|For the patties:|
|Boiled peeled mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green chilli paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the stuffing:|
|Grated coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Dhania)|
|Green chilli paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1/2 Teaspoon (Adrak)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|For other ingredents:|
|Oil||4 Teaspoon (For greasing and cooking)|
|Sweet chutney||4 Tablespoon|
|Green chutney||8 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||4 Tablespoon (Dhania)|
FOR THE RAGDA:
1. Combine the soaked safed vatana, turmeric powder, little salt and 2½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 6 whistles.
2. Allow the steam to escape, open the lid and mash it lightly with the potato masher.
3. Add the chilli powder, asafoetida, coriander and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
FOR THE PATTIES:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
3. Shape each portion into a flat round and put little of the prepared stuffing in the center.
4. Bring all the sides together, seal it completely, and flatten it lightly.
5. Grease a hot tava (griddle) using 1 tsp of oil and place 4 stuffed patties at a time, drizzle 1 tsp of oil evenly over it and cook on a medium flame till they turn brown on both the sides.
6. Repeat step 5 to cook 4 more stuffed patties. Keep aside.
1. Place 2 stuffed patties on a serving plate.
2. Pour ¼ portion of the ragda evenly over it.
3. Put 1 tbsp of sweet chutney, 2 tsp green chutney, sprinkle 1 tbsp sev and 1 tsp coriander evenly over it.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more plates.