This is a burger all right, but totally different from anything youve ever tasted before! The buttered burger bun is smeared with fiery chilli sauce and then packed with a whole lot of usual burger ingredients like coleslaw, tomato and onion slices.
|Butter||3 Teaspoon (for cooking)|
|Chilli sauce||6 Teaspoon|
|Salt||To Taste (for sprinkling)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (kalimirch for sprinkling)|
|For the patty:|
|Chopped mixed boiled vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs) (French beans, carrot and green peas)|
|Boiled peeled mashed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (dhania)|
|Ginger green chilli paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated processed cheese||6 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (for greasing and cooking)|
|Shredded cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thickly grated carrots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (kalimirch)|
FOR THE PATTY:
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the cheese in a deep bowl and mix very well using your hands.
2. Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions.
3. Roll a portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick flat circle and put 2 tbsp of cheese in the center.
4. Bring all the sides together, seal it completely, and flatten it lightly.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 2 stuff 2 more patty.
6. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with 1 tbsp of oil, place all the patty on it and cook using 1 tbsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
FOR ASSEMBLING THE BURGER:
1. Divide the coleslaw into 3 equal portions. Keep aside.
2. Cut a burger bun horizontally into two. Apply 1/4 tsp of butter on both the sides of each halve of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle).
3. Place both the halves on a clean, dry surface, apply 1 tsp of chilli sauce over each buttered halve and spread it evenly.
4. Place a portion of the coleslaw on the lower halve of the buttered- chilli sauce side.
5. Place a patty, 3 tomato slices, 1 onion slice and sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over it.
6. Cover with an upper halve of the bun and press it lightly.
7. Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 2 more burgers.