A delicious Pasta recipe.
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Teaspoon (lesson)|
|Onion cubes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Capsicum cubes||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (red and yellow)|
|Tomato cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dry chilli flakes||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Penne pasta||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped carrots||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (carrot roundels, cut into 2)|
|Sweet corn kernels||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese slices||4 (torn into pieces)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Pizza cheese||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Nacho chips||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Switch on the power, pressing the ‘menu’ button, select the ‘white pasta’ mode. Set the time to ‘one hour’. Press the ‘start’ button and shut the lid. Let the clay pot of the handi cooker heat up for 2 minutes.
2. Open the lid, add the oil and heat it for 1 minute.
3. Now, add the garlic and onions and sauté for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5.Add the tomatoes, oregano and dry chilli flakes, mix well and cook for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the tomato ketchup and garam masala and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes while mashing it lightly with the help of the spoon.
7. Add the pasta and 1½ cups of water and salt and mix gently. Cover the lid and cook for 15 minutes. You do not stir or mix in between.
8. Open the lid, mix gently once and add the carrots, sweet corn, ¼ cup of milk, cheese slice and black pepper and mix gently. Close the lid and cook for 10 more minutes. You do not stir or mix in between.
9. Meanwhile, combine the cornflour and remaining ¼ cup of milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
10. After 10 minutes, open the lid, add the cornflour slurry and mix gently.
11. Sprinkle cheese on top, shut the lid and cook for around 3 minutes or till the cheese melts.
12.Thus this pasta recipe gets ready in approx. 40 minutes and it is ready for serving immediately.
13.Alternatively you can press the ‘Keep warm’ option and keep it for maximum 20 minutes and then serve. We would suggest you to use this function for a maximum of only 15 to 20 minutes so as to retain the texture of the ingredients.
14.Put in a serving bowl and garnish with crushed nachos.