Zucchini Blossoms Stuffed With Amaranth
|Amaranth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Eggplant||1 Small (You Want To End Up With 1-1/2 Cups After Its Is Cooked)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Blossoms||4 Large (Per Serving)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add amaranth. Simmer and cook until water is absorbed, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Quarter the onion and cook in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 30 minutes over medium heat until caramelized.
3. Dice zucchini and sauté in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Dice eggplant and garlic and sauté in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 10 minutes.
5. Mix the cooked vegetables with the amaranth and add parsley. Fill the squash blossoms with the mixture. Serve at room temperature.
© 2012 Cornelia Guest, author of Cornelia Guest's Simple Pleasures: Healthy Seasonal Cooking and Easy Entertaining
For more information please visit http://www.corneliaguest.com, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter.