Kolokithakia Yemista Skorpios
|Zucchini||4 Pound (10 medium size)|
|Ground beef/Lamb||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned condensed beef consomme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), undiluted|
1. Clean zucchini well and trim its stems. Half the zucchini crosswise in case they are too long.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. Scoop the center of the zucchini using an apple corer. Discard.
4. To make stuffing mix oregano, parsley, pepper, salt and rice with beef and onion. Use a fork to toss well.
5. Sprinkle olive oil on 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish to grease a dish.
6. Spoon or stuff the zucchini with a meat mixture.
7. Arrange the meat mixture in a single link. Bake for 45 minutes till zucchini is fork tender, keeping the dish uncovered.
8. To make sauce in a medium saucepan add lemon juice and beat eggs. Beat in consomme.
9. Heat slowly while stirring in between till the mixture thickens. Do not boil.
10. Serve Kolokythakia Yemista, Skorpios hot.