Zucchini Salad Bowls
|Zucchini||4 , trimmed|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Drained capers||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Lettuce head||1 , leaves separated (To Serve)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
1) Cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters and then cut the quarters further into ½-inch slices.
2) In a bowl, put the zucchini slices along with the red pepper, capers and parsley. Mix well together with the help of a metal spoon. Ensure that the zucchini slices do not break up.
3) In a small bowl, put the dressing ingredients and add seasoning to taste.
4) Use a fork to beat well together and pour the dressing all over the zucchini mixture in the bowl. Stir well with a metal spoon till the contents are evenly coated.
5) With lettuce leaves, line 4 individual salad bowls and then pile the zucchini mixture into the center of each leaf. Serve the salad right away as an appetizer, or even a side dish.
Calories 125 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 203.3 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 139% Vitamin C 157.4%
Calcium 9% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet