Baked Filled Zucchini
|Zucchini||3 (1 to 2 inch thick)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Ground beef/Leftover cooked meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread slice||1 , cubed|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a pan, cook the zucchini in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes.
3) Halve lengthwise and remove the pulp from the zucchini.
4) Sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste.
5) In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and meat in butter, until lightly browned.
6) Stir in the bread cubes, zucchini pulp and tomato sauce; mix thoroughly.
7) Spoon the mixture in the zucchini halves.
8) In a shallow baking pan, place the stuffed zucchini halves and sprinkle with cheese.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until tender.
10) Serve the Baked Filled Zucchini immediately.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.2 mg12.1%
Sodium 401.9 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet