Baked Filled Zucchini
|Zucchini||3 (1 to 2 inch thick)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Ground beef/Leftover cooked meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread slice||1 , cubed|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a pan, cook the zucchini in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes.
3) Halve lengthwise and remove the pulp from the zucchini.
4) Sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste.
5) In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and meat in butter, until lightly browned.
6) Stir in the bread cubes, zucchini pulp and tomato sauce; mix thoroughly.
7) Spoon the mixture in the zucchini halves.
8) In a shallow baking pan, place the stuffed zucchini halves and sprinkle with cheese.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until tender.
10) Serve the Baked Filled Zucchini immediately.