Tagliatelle with Zucchini and Basil
|Small zucchini||1 1⁄3 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 x 1/2 inch sticks|
|Unsalted butter||5 Tablespoon (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon / 75 milliliter)|
|Vegetable oil||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|All purpose flour||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Milk||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Tagliatelle/2/3 pound dried tagliatelle||1 Pound (450 gram, fresh)|
|Cream||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Finely chopped fresh basil||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
1) In a colander, sprinkle the zucchini sticks with a little salt and allow to drain for 30 minutes; then pat dry with cloth.
2) In a pan, cook the tagliatelle in the boiling salted water, until tender.
3) In a large pan, saute the zucchini in a little butter and oil, until brown but still crisp. Keep aside.
4) In a saucepan, melt rest of the oil and butter, stir in the flour, stir constantly and cook, until smooth and slightly colored.
5) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook, until thickened and smooth.
6) Stir in the cream, bring to a boil, until thickened.
7) Turn off the heat and stir in the zucchini and basil, mix thoroughly.
8) Drain and transfer the cooked tagliatelle on a warm serving dish and pour over the sauce.
9) Serve the Tagliatelle with Zucchini and Basil, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1010 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.5%
Saturated Fat 16 g80.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg16.3%
Sodium 100.8 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 21 g41.3%
Vitamin A 50.8% Vitamin C 52.2%
Calcium 22% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet