Grandma's Potato Red Pepper And Zucchini Gratin
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose potatoes/Red potatoes||2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Minced fresh thyme/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Red bell peppers||2 , cut into thin rings|
|Small zucchini||16 Ounce (4 pieces, 4 ounce each)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Use a medium gratin dish to rub the bottom with the garlic. Lightly grease the dish with some olive oil.
3) Place the potatoes in a layer at the bottom of the dish. If required, overlap the slices.
4) Sprinkle salt and 1/2 teaspoon thyme to season the potatoes.
5) Drizzle on 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top.
6) Make a layer of red peppers on top of potatoes and a layer of zucchini on top of red peppers, using half amount.
7) Sprinkle salt and thyme on top and again drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil over the vegetables.
8) Finally, make another layer of potatoes, red peppers and zucchini with the remaining half of the vegetables. Repeat the seasoning process and drizzle oil for each layer.
9) Cover the gratin dish tightly with aluminum foil.
10) Place the gratin dish in the oven and bake for an hour or until the vegetables are very soft and tender.
11) Serve the gratin warm by garnishing with fresh thyme, if desired.