La Mere Poulard's Zucchini Crepes
|Zucchini||1 Pound (2 medium size)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn oil/Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a food processor, add the zucchini to shred. Alternatively, use a hand grater.
2) Season the zucchini shreds with salt and place in a stainless steel strainer to drain for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally. Discard excess water by squeezing.
3) In a medium bowl, briefly whisk the egg.
4) Whisk in heavy cream, flour and minced garlic and blend properly.
5) Fold in zucchini and, with a fork, toss into the egg mixture until just coated.
6) In a large skillet or on a griddle, add 1 tablespoon butter in 1 tablespoon oil and melt over moderately high heat.
7) Take 1 heaped spoonful of zucchini batter and put into the pan.
8) With the back of the spoon, spread this batter to shape into an even 3-inch circle.
9) Repeat the process with remaining zucchini batter or until the skillet gets filled.
10) Fry the crepes for 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottom side turns deep golden brown.
11) With a wide, flat spatula, carefully flip over the crepes to brown the other side, for 2 to 3 minutes. Press on the crepes to brown evenly all over the surface.
12) Add butter and oil, if necessary.
13) Drain the crepes on paper towel and serve hot over a bed of greens with your choice of dip.