Curried Zucchini Puree
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zucchini||2 Pound, sliced (4 Medium Or 6 Cups, Sliced)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Low sodium low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter/Corn oil margarine||2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a large saucepan, mix the water and fructose.
2) Bring to a boil, thus dissolving the fructose.
3) To this, add the zucchini and onion.
4) Simmer, covered, over low heat for 5 minutes, or until just tender.
5) In a blender, add the zucchini-onion mixture along with its liquid.
6) Blend until smooth. Keep the mixture aside.
7) In a saucepan, heat the milk over low heat.
8) In another saucepan, heat the butter or margarine to melt.
9) To the melted butter, add the flour.
10) Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Do not brown the flour.
11) Remove the pan from heat.
12) Now, add the simmering milk, stirring continuously with a wire whisk.
13) To this sauce, add the curry powder and ginger. Mix well.
14) Return the pan to heat.
15) Over low heat, cook for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
16) Again, remove the pan from heat.
17) To this, now add the lemon juice and the blended zucchini-onion mixture. Mix well.
18) Return to heat. Heat to desired temperature before serving.
19) Serve fresh as a dip for raw or cold cooked vegetables. Chill the leftovers, if any, and use later. This is a perfect dip for parties.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg7.2%
Sodium 243.9 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g62.8%
Sugars 42.1 g
Protein 24 g48.4%
Vitamin A 41.4% Vitamin C 295.5%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet