Cheddar Zucchini Supreme
|Fresh zucchini||6 Cup (96 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Garlic salt||1 Pinch (Small Pinch)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
1. Peel and slice the zucchini.
2. Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking casserole with butter or oil.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
4. In a skillet, melt the butter.
5. Add the zucchini and sautÃ© until limp.
6. Add the seasonings and tomato sauce and toss well.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add half the cheese to the zucchini mixture and sautÃ© lightly until the cheese melts to form a sauce.
9. Tip the mixture into the casserole.
10. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top
11. Just before serving, place casserole in a preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes until zucchini is tender and hot and cheese has melted and lightly browned.
12. Serve the zucchini straight out of the casserole.
13. Accompany with crusty bread as a side dish.
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.2 mg18.1%
Sodium 545.7 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 24.5% Vitamin C 65.1%
Calcium 29.9% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet