Myrna'S Stuffed Zucchini
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped|
|Cayenne||1 Pinch (A Dash)|
|White beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and simmer in 1/2 inch water with the bay leaf until the slices become tender; the cooking process should take near about 5 minutes time.
2. Let the slices get cool slightly and then scoop out insides, leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell.
3. Chop insides.
4. Chop four cloves of garlic coarsely and sautÃ© with onion and parsley in butter or oil until these cloves turn golden and soft, nearly within 5 minutes.
5. Stir in tomato and cook for more1 minute.
6. Season the ingredients with thyme, cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper.
7. Add chopped zucchini in it.
8. Mash beans until the beans become semi-smooth.
9. Stir into vegetable mixture.
10. Stuff into zucchini shells and place in buttered baking dish.
11. Mince remaining 2 cloves of garlic and mix them with bread crumbs and olive oil and sprinkle evenly over stuffed zucchini.
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, until crumbs turn into golden and crisp and all is heated through.
13. Serve hot.