Myrna'S Stuffed Zucchini
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped|
|Cayenne||1 Pinch (A Dash)|
|White beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and simmer in 1/2 inch water with the bay leaf until the slices become tender; the cooking process should take near about 5 minutes time.
2. Let the slices get cool slightly and then scoop out insides, leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell.
3. Chop insides.
4. Chop four cloves of garlic coarsely and sautÃ© with onion and parsley in butter or oil until these cloves turn golden and soft, nearly within 5 minutes.
5. Stir in tomato and cook for more1 minute.
6. Season the ingredients with thyme, cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper.
7. Add chopped zucchini in it.
8. Mash beans until the beans become semi-smooth.
9. Stir into vegetable mixture.
10. Stuff into zucchini shells and place in buttered baking dish.
11. Mince remaining 2 cloves of garlic and mix them with bread crumbs and olive oil and sprinkle evenly over stuffed zucchini.
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, until crumbs turn into golden and crisp and all is heated through.
13. Serve hot.
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 107.5 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.2%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 25 g50.5%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 69.7%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet