Zucchini Salad, Italian Style
|Zucchini||6 (Cucumber Size)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Mint leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (Tightly Packed)|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|French salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mint sprigs||6 Small (For Garnish)|
1) Snap the ends of zucchini and cut crosswise into 3/4-inch rounds.
2) In a large saucepan,place the zucchini and cover with water.
3) Now cook over high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until zucchini is just cooked through.
4) Drain off the liquid and allow to cool.
5) Into a 2-quart casserole dish,place just one-third of the cooked zucchini.
6) Also add a layer of one-third of the onions, then one-third of the mint and one-third of the bread crumbs.
7) Now repeat the same order of layers of zucchini, onions, mint and bread crumbs till all the ingredients are used up(three layers of each ingredient, ending with bread crumbs).
8) Add required salt and pepper.
9) Drizzle french dressing over the top of the layers.
10) Cover with a plate and a weight on top of it.
11) Refrigerate several hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
12) Serve chilled.
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 320.2 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 70%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet