|Zucchini||1 Pound (3 To 4 Medium Ones)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Scallions||2 , trimmed (White And Part Of The Green)|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped (Preferably Italian)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1. Rinse the zucchini and remove its ends.
2. Cut the zucchini into 1/2-inch slices.
3. In a colander, place the slices and sprinkle with salt.
4. Mix using your hands, and let it stand for 30 minutes.
5. Shake the colander once in a while.
6. Split the garlic clove lengthwise, then slice as thinly as possible and keep aside. There should be about 1 heaped teaspoonful of slices. If not, add more garlic to make up this amount.
7. Split the scallions lengthwise, then slice crosswise as thinly as possible to make about ¼ cup. Keep aside.
8. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
9. Add the garlic, and just as it begins to sizzle but is not brown, add the zucchini.
10. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, tossing, for 5 to 7 minutes, until zucchini softens a bit and takes on a little color.
11. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the scallions, parsley, and pepper.
12. Toss gently to mix everything together.
13. Turn the mixture out onto a platter.
14. Serve hot, or even at room temperature.