Sweetened Emerald Zucchini
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 Pound, ends trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch lengths|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. In a medium-size saucepan, add sugar and 2 tablespoons water.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Boil until the sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Reduce the heat to low.
5. Stir in zucchini to coat with syrup.
6. Cook covered for about 8 minutes until zucchini is tender but not mushy; stir once or twice.
7. Strain zucchini and save the juices.
8. In a large mixing bowl, gently toss zucchini with mint and 1 cup of the reserved juices.
9. On a small oval or round plate, serve at room temperature.
Calories 45 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.15 g0.23%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 0.97 g1.9%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 22.2%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet