Zucchini With Tomatoes
|Zucchini||5 Medium (Small To Medium)|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ripe tomatoes/Canned italian plum tomatoes - 4, drained and chopped||2 , peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
1. Rinse the zucchini and remove its ends.
2. Cut the zucchini into 1/2-inch slices..
3. In a large, preferably non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil.
4. Add the onions and saute over moderate heat for about 2 minutes until slightly brown.
5. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes longer.
6. Next, add the zucchini, salt, pepper, cayenne, bay leaf, and oregano, and mix everything well
7. Cover the skillet, and cook gently for 20 minutes, until tender.
8. Remove the bay leaf from the mixture.
9. Adjust the seasoning if needed and serve.
If you see after 15 minutes that there is a great deal of liquid in the pan, cook uncovered for the last 5 minutes or so.
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 124.8 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 84%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet