|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Light stock||6 Tablespoon|
1) Cut unpeeled zucchini into quarters along the length.
2) Slice each quarter into 2-inch pieces.
3) In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch the zucchini slices for about 3 minutes. Drain water.
4) In a shallow saucepan, add zucchini with butter.
5) Sprinkle salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
6) Pour in light stock and gently simmer by covering, to evaporate the liquid and to glaze the zucchini.
7) Serve glazed zucchini hot with croquettes and rice.