|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||4 Tablespoon|
1) Rinse the zucchini and dry it. Do not peel bit cu off the stalk ends.
2) Lengthwise, slice each zucchini in half with the help of a sharp knife.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
4) In a shallow flameproof dish, melt the butter and sauté the zucchini, with the cut side downward, till it has turned light golden.
5) Turn the zucchini over once and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Sprinkle grated cheese all over.
6) With a lid or foil, cover the dish and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
7) In case cream is being used, heat it in a pan over medium heat without boiling. Pour it all over the baked zucchini and cheese.
8) Serve hot.