Deluxe Zucchini Saute
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Shred zucchini with a knife or in a food processor bowl fitted with a shredding disc and empty the shredded vegetables into a colander on reaching the Fill level.
2) Allow standing for 10 minutes after sprinkling salt.
3) Squeeze out as much liquid as possible after draining well and place on paper towels to drain further.
4) Chop onion coarsely with a knife or in the food processor fitting it with a Knife Blade.
5) In a 10-inch skillet, over medium high heat, heat butter and stir-fry onion in it for 1 minute.
6) Stir in zucchini and salt and sauté for about 6 minutes until just soft.
7) Mix in sour cream and basil after taking off the mixture from heat.
8) Serve at once.
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.2 mg15.1%
Sodium 648.9 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 53.9%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet