Savory Stuffed Zucchini
|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) After washing the zucchini properly, cook it in salted boiling water for about 5 minutes.
3) Cut the squash in half, lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and discard them.
4) Sprinkle salt and pepper on the cavities and set them aside.
6) In a large skillet, melt the butter and add in the beef, onion and celery. Till the beef has browned continue cooking, constantly stirring.
7) Add the breadcrumbs and tomato sauce into the mixture and stir properly.
8) Spoon the prepared mixture into the zucchini cavities.
9) In a shallow baking dish, place the squash, sprinkle cheese on top and bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
10) Serve hot.