Ma Po Tofu is a popular Chinese dish. This Chinese tofu recipe involves cooking tofu in spicy gravy although one can alter the spiciness according to taste. The flavors of onion, garlic, cilantro and sesame seed oil makes it an extremely favored dish all over the world. Ma Po Tofu is so easy that anyone can make it with simple guidelines as given below.
4 Cup (64 tbs) (Cut Into 2 Inch Cubes)
2 (Chopped Up)
1 Tablespoon (Chopped)
Sesame seed oil
Hot chili oil
Light soy sauce
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat your wok in medium hight heat.
2. Add 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
3. Add pork to the wok for browning.
4. Add the garlic.
5. Stir to mix the flavors of garlic in the pork.
6. Add chopped green onion.
7. Add the red hot chili oil.( Add more if you like the dish too hot)
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Add sesame seed oil.
10. Mix everything together.
11. When the pork is brown add the chicken stock, sugar, soy sauce and chopped cilantro. Mix them all into the sauce.
12. Put a cover on the wok and cook for 2 minutes.
13. Add the tofu, mix and cover the wok to cook the gravy into the tofu.
14. Add the corn starch to thicken up the gravy.
15. Mix to form a even gravy.
Ever considered bringing China to your home. Well, here is how you can do that. Just watch this video and learn how to prepare this flavorful Mapo Tofu or Dofu dish by using marinated pork, bean curd and sauces. Once you will prepare this dish at home, China wi there in your room through its amazing flavors and aroma.