This rich yogurt is nice and thick and can be used to eat as a condiment a side dish or even used to cook with. It is thick and creamy and has a tangy flavor. It can last for up to 1 month when refrigerated.
6 Cup (96 tbs)
Half and half
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a large pot over medium/low heat add the 2 types of milk and stir slowly to make sure the milk does not stick to the bottom of the pan at all.
2. When small bubbles appear on the top of the milk and you see steam coming up from the milk, remove the pot from the heat.
3. Let the milk cool for about 30 minutes to 110-115 degrees or until you can stick your clean pinky finger in the pot and count maximum to the number 10. Be careful not to burn your finger.
4. As soon as the milk is at the correct temperature, slowly stir in the 1 cup of yogurt, cover the pot and then set the pot aside on a counter top and cover with a blanket overnight or for at least 8 hours.
5. The next day, place the pot in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
6. Remove and uncover the pot, pour off any excess water and store the yogurt in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
7. This rich yogurt is nice and thick and can be used to eat as a condiment a side dish or even used to cook with.
Make your own homemade Greek yogurt by watching this video. Making your own homemade yogurt is a great way to have a treat that is free of preservatives, chemicals and artificial flavors. It is easy. Tastes a lot better than anything you can buy in a store and it is cheaper too. Having home-made yogurt on hand gives you a world of possibilities. You can have it for breakfast or a snack plain, with some honey, fruits or granola. You can use it to make tzatziki, or mutawam. You can also cook with it. If all
Homemade Mediterranean Or Greek Yogurt From Scratch Recipe Video