Banana Yogurt Orleans
|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Banana||6 Ounce, peeled, diagonally sliced (1 medium size)|
|Low fat plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange zest||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a microwavable shallow casserole, mix together butter and margarine.
2. Microwave on High (100%) for 30 seconds, until butter melts.
3. Add orange juice, rum, sugar, and cinnamon and stir to dissolve the sugar.
4. Microwave on High for 2 minutes until mixture is reduced by 1/4.
5. Add the banana and turn to coat it well.
6. Microwave on High for 30 seconds, until banana is heated through but do not overcook.
7. Combine yogurt and vanilla and pour a spoon into 4 serving bowls.
8. Top each portion with half of the banana mixture and 1 teaspoon orange zest.
9. Serve hot.