1.Yogurt has to be incubated properly in an environment with a steady temperature of 110 degrees F to 115 degrees F.
2. In a gas oven, the heat of the pilot light is enough.
3.In an electric oven, preheat to 120 degrees F and then turn off oven when you put the yogurt in.
4. You can also use a wide-mouth thermos, rinsed with warm water.
5. In a 1-quart glass baking dish mix together all the ingredients.
6.Place the yogurt in the oven or thermos and cover.
7.Let alone overnight or 4 to 6 hours.
8.Into a container, transfer the yogurt and close with a tight fitting lid.
10. Make new supply by transferring about 4 tablespoons of the yogurt.
11. Begin by using low fat yogurt so that even if the first batch is not completely non-fat subsequent batches will be.
12. For every 4th batch you make, use store bought low fat plain yogurt to retain flavor and texture of yogurt.