Yogurt Bran Bread
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At 105 To 115 F)|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), measured scoop and level|
|Non instant non fat milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Heat 1/4 cup water, measure and sprinkle yeast over water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil, honey, egg and yogurt.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add flour, milk powder, sesame seeds, salt and bran. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while machine is running.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
8) Process the stiff dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Divide the dough into halves, for making 2 loaves.
15) Prepare ball out of the dough, let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
16) Use greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan to place the loaf made from the dough ball.
17) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45 minutes.
18) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
19) Place inside oven on middle rack to bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
20) Immediately transfer the loaf on wire rack for cooling.
21) Serve the bread warm or cool with your choice of dip or spread.